Homework - Child Centered Parenting Part 1
Discussion points for Parents
- If we put our children as the central relationship in the family it puts them in a position they are not ready for. Do you agree with this statement?
- Do you let life teach your children patience? Do you allow for long periods of “boredom” so that your children can learn by imaginative play?
- Do you think you give your children too much choice; too many options?
- For newer parents, are you working toward a day / night sleep and wake cycle for your baby that fits in with the family? Do you feel that is a practical and/or possible expectation?
- Are you making room for your child to invest in the family without reward? (chores, helping out, kindness with siblings)
- Try and find time in the next three weeks for a date night.
Join the class discussion: