Homework - The Ethical Foundation
Discussion points for parents.
- Do you think this is a true statement: “The free society is a moral society or it is not free at all” Michael Novak?
- Is it mom and dad's job to establishing and to maintain the the ethical standards in the home?
- Have you ever wondered where your conscience came from and how it works?
- Can you think of an example of ethics that come "built in" to a child's conscience?
- Can you think of an example of ethics that needs to be learned by a child?
- "Don’t expect to harvest while you’re still ploughing.
" Do you find this a difficult discipline to practice in the day-to-day of parenting?
- Have you ever used role-play with a child to reinforce ethical behavior expectations in non-conflict moments?
- As an adult are you honest with yourself when you sidestep ethics requirements?
- Do you recognise your child’s inner private world?
- Dad's do you see your parenting role as pivotal in your children's lives?
Single parents are you currently involved in a local church? Are there people in your local church who you trust will help you with your children?
- As a parent do you recognise your own need for accountability, or is it more a case of "do as I say, not as I do"?
Join the class discussion: