Homework - Parenting Philosophies
Discussion points for Parents
- Do you recognise Relativism in our society (the idea that there is no great universal truth or ethic and that everyone should "find their own truth")?
- What do you think about this philosophy, is it right or is it wrong?
- If you think about it as right, does it not then become the great universal truth?
- What do you think about Permissive Parenting (the idea that if I we just let children express themselves they will will find their own way intuitively)?
- What do you think of modern Feminism as a social movement and as a life philosophy?
- Do you recognise Legalistic Parenting philosophies in our culture? Give some examples.
- What generation are you from? Have you experienced Generational Conflict with any other member of your family?
- Do you believe that God should separate His Justice from His Mercy?
- What do you think of this statement: "To show only compassion regardless of actions distorts God in their minds"?
- Do you believe that humans are born innately good?
- Do you think that the Kingdom of God can be nurtured inside a family or a society? If so, how?
Join the class discussion: