The Great Revelation
Released: March 16, 2022
Certificate: Finish lessons and pass the quiz with 80%
John's Revelation, the last book of The Bible, has inspired the imaginations of men and women for many centuries. There is still a lot of debate about what God is trying to tell us through the Holy Spirit inspired writing of John. The format and the style of The Revelation is not something that we, in the 21st century, are at all familiar with. The book is not inenting to be misleading, it is, in fact, a Revelation, a clarifier. Our trouble usually comes from presuppositions, opaque cultural overlays we put over the text, usually equally unintentionally.
This class requires a FREE registration to Firebrand. Complete the quiz at the end with a passing mark of 80% or higher, and receive a certificate.
There are 4 main ways the people today look at The Revelation:
- John's vision deal mainly with the first century Church.
- John is giving us a visionary outline of Church history.
- John is mostly giving us detail about the time very near to Christ's second coming.
- John is circling round the same theme, the whole history of earth, from heaven's perspective. He circles 8 times, each time adding greater and greater layers of detail.
This course leans heavily toward the fourth view.
1. Michael Heiser: The Unseen Realm / Supernatural, Reversing Hermon, Angels, and Demons Cosmic Geography and Two Powers in Heaven [video]
2. Michael Eaton: The Branch Commentary, Doctrines of The Last Things [audio]
Alan and Meg the lead Firebrand Church in Gig Harbor, Washington in the USA.
They were married in 1993 and have one son Daniel.
Toward the end of 2009 Alan, Meg and Daniel moved to Gig Harbor from Johannesburg, South Africa where Alan served on the eldership team at Cornerstone Church in Johannesburg for 8 years.
In October 2014 Alan and Meg started Firebrand Church together with a team of people.